We provide the answers you need to bring your products to market faster, determine which products can garner premium pricing, and discover untapped opportunities for growth.
- Long before eating healthy was mainstream, HealthFocus was speaking with consumers about food and nutrition.
- Our history — working around the world — provides unequaled understanding of the most important factors driving the market today and tomorrow.
- Within the market for living healthier, we cover the full range of important topics you need to know and what questions to ask.
- While our reach is global, we are small enough to treat every client with tailored attention.
- We provide unparalleled quality control, including excellent data regulation, technical and language translation, socioeconomic targeting and field management.
How is HealthFocus different?
Our only focus is on your business’s initiatives into healthier living and helping you connect with your consumers.
- Answers to questions that will make a difference
- Understanding the core drives
- Connecting with consumers for future action
- Implications for tomorrow
We work globally with the top companies engaged in wellness and healthier living, including:
- Food manufacturers
- Beverage manufacturers
- Personal products manufacturers
- Supplement manufacturers
- Ingredient suppliers
- Flavor and fragrance suppliers
- Food retailers
- Food Service operations
- Foreign headquartered
- Single brand emerging companies
- Major global category drivers
- Local and International
Case Study 1: Game Changing Trends Custom Research
Problem: An International CPG company needed to gain awareness of issues on a 5-year time horizon that would impact their business.
Solution: Provided a comprehensive custom study using trade-off analysis synthesizing emerging concerns from a technology, regulatory and policy perspective.
Results: Led to a comprehensive business development plan that streamlined their primary initiatives and brought to light additional new strategies.
Case Study 2: R&D Development Plan
Problem: Major supplement supplier had a product for cognitive health but was unsure of the market opportunity or where to market.
Solution: Working with the client R&D Team we identified and then analyzed the USA HFI database for long-term trends and shopper needs in four primary areas of interest: concentration, depression, sleep issues, and mental sharpness with aging.
Results: Company now has a comprehensive development roadmap for how and where to market their product.
Case Study 3: Global Product Strategy
Problem: Global ingredient supplier had no view of the current global market interest and potential for growth of their core product. They were stuck with an uncoordinated local approach to local sales.
Solution: A comprehensive analysis of the 24 country HFI database was used to size the markets according to opportunity. This analysis was based on shopper interest in the function benefit compared to usage of the relevant category over time. The primary, secondary and tertiary target consumer markets were identified and profiled for the optimum marketing and product strategy.
Results: Company is now pursuing a coordinated, fact-based global sales and growth strategy around 4 functional benefits targeted to the optimum consumer groups. The strategy is now customized to adapt to each local market with a 10% average increase in sales across markets.
Case Study 4: Proprietary Custom Segmentation
Problem: A Global CPG client had developed a behavioral-based consumer segmentation for the U.S., but the market was changing and the information did not provide insights into the consumer thinking on a global level.
Solution: HealthFocus identified behavioral questions from the USA and Global Trend Study questionnaires and added additional questions around interests and attitudes that matched the client hypothesis. This allowed a backwards view on several questions/factors important to the hypothesis in addition to the creation of a completely custom segmentation and development of a corresponding short tool.
Results: Client has a very cost effective, proprietary global consumer category segmentation that can be tracked easily over time and across multiple geographies. In addition, as part of the HealthFocus International Global Trend Database, this allows for the profile of users across the full battery of HealthFocus questions on a multitude of topics. The short tool also allows for the ability to collect outside custom research of their own on their custom segmentation.