In the face of the COVID-19 crisis, consumer behaviors and attitudes towards eating and shopping for health are changing dramatically. A new critical consumer study from HealthFocus International takes an in-depth look at the transformational shifts driven by this global pandemic.
This study combines new research with pre-COVID established core benchmarks from the HealthFocus Global Database to track the velocity of change for many key trends. Discover early indications of how these new developments will manifest into emerging opportunities and challenges for better-for-you eating.
This study captures and quantifies specifically how the pandemic is impacting the consumer’s search for healthy eating and living. You will no longer need to assume what your target is thinking and how this is impacting their new behaviors. This study has answers you need to successfully navigate the lasting changes from COVID-19.
- Capture COVID-19’s influence on perceptions, beliefs, and definitions of health; and how these will continue to impact behaviors in shopping, eating, and living for health.
- Identify and size which changes will have a permanent impact on consumers’ views and actions towards their diet and nutrition.
- Trend the changes, and forecast the long-term wellness market consequences.
- Provide answers and insights supporting “better-for-you” business initiatives in this new world.
- Concerns around COVID-19
- Changes in diet and lifestyle – and will these changes be permanent?
- Changes in shopping patterns
- Immunity and supplement use
- Mood food and the relationship between diet and stress
- Plant-based eating and avoidance of animal products
- Views on the environment and sustainability
- Changing views on big brands
- Use and attitudes toward frozen meals
- Kitchen medicine and functional foods
- Acceptance of science and technology in foods