HealthFocus International is the global leader in understanding consumer motivations, perceptions and beliefs around eating and health. We bring these insights and understandings to your food, beverage, supplement, or ingredient company to help you connect more powerfully with your customers.
HealthFocus International is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purposes of data protection legislation, we are the data controller and we will process Your Data in accordance with current US Data Protection Laws, and for our EU Citizens articles 6(1)(a), 6(1)(b), 6(1)(c), 6(1)(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding Your Data and how we will treat it.
VISITORS TO OUR WEBSITE
We may collect and process Your Data in the following circumstances:
- When you complete forms on our website (“Site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our services, requesting further services;
- Whenever you provide Your Data to us when reporting a problem with our Site, making a complaint, making an enquiry or contacting us for any other reason. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access; and
- Whenever you disclose Your Data to us, or we collect Your Data from you in any other way.
We may also collect data in the following ways:
We may collect information about your device, including where available your Internet Protocol address, for reasons of fraud protection. We may also collect information about your device’s operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We will collect Your Data when you place an order or inquire about any of our services. We will use Your Data to process your request for information and services and comply with our contractual obligations. We will also use Your Data to notify you of any changes to our services and processes and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by you.
We will collect Your Data as part of our instructions to provide us with goods or services. We may share Your Data with staff in order to contact you about goods or services ordered and to place further orders. We will keep the personal data for as long as we require your goods and services.
In addition to the uses described above, where we have your consent to do so, we may use Your Data to provide you with information about our services, business updates and events which we think may be of interest with your consent. You have the right to opt-out of receiving the information at any time. To opt-out of receiving such information you can:
- click the unsubscribe button contained in any such communication received; or
- email us at email@example.com providing us with your name and contact details.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose Your Data to third parties for the following legitimate business purposes:
- staff members in order to facilitate the provision of services to you;
- IT software providers that host our website and store data on our behalf;
- to a prospective buyer of some or all of our business or assets, in which case personal data including Your Data will also be one of the transferred assets; and
- to the police, regulatory bodies, legal advisors or similar third parties where we are under a legal duty to disclose or share Your Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will not sell or distribute Your Data to other organizations without your approval.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of Your Data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Information you provide to us is shared on our secure servers. We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures designed to secure Your Data against accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. In addition, we limit access to personal data to those employees, members and contractors that have a legitimate business need for such access.
RIGHTS OF ACCESS, CORRECTION, OBJECTION, DELETION AND RESTRICTING USE OF YOUR DATA
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if Your Data changes.
Data protection legislation gives you the right to object to the processing of Your Data in certain circumstances or withdraw your consent to the processing of Your Data where this has been provided. You also have the right to access information held about you and for this to be provided in an intelligible form. If you would like a copy of some or all of Your Data, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In certain circumstances we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
You can also ask us to undertake the following:
- update or amend Your Data if you feel this is inaccurate;
- remove Your Data from our database entirely
- send you copies of Your Data in a commonly used format and Your Data transferred to another entity where you have supplied Your Data to us, and we process this electronically with your consent or where necessary for the performance of a contract; or
- restrict the use of Your Data so that it is only used for certain purposes (e.g., you may require us only to hold Your Data for the purpose of providing services to you but not to use Your Data for marketing purposes).
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes.
Please send any requests relating to the above to our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com specifying your name and the action you would like us to undertake.
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this policy or how we use Your Data please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.