The “power of plant” is strong, and interest in plant-based food and beverage options continues to expand. However, consumers are becoming more discerning. Interest in plant-based products like meat alternatives and plant milks are being met with growing consumer concerns around exactly how healthy and sustainable these really are. We explore this evolving trend to determine what consumers are really looking for and how plant-based offerings can deliver.
This comprehensive report from HealthFocus International takes a deeper look at the plant-based eating and drinking trend globally, regionally, and across 23 individual countries to help companies better understand shopper motivations and attitudes. This allows them to connect more powerfully with their targets and bring market solutions faster and more profitably.
Some of the many topics addressed within the report include:
- Which markets and demographic groups are most active in this trend?
- Are shoppers willing to pay a premium for plant-based products?
- How often are they using plant-based foods and beverages? Is this increasing?
- What are their motivations for choosing plant (e.g., health, eating clean, environmental/sustainability, animal treatment, etc.)?
- Plant protein – awareness, interest, and willingness to pay more.
- How do shoppers describe their diet?
- Are they decreasing use of animal-based products?
- What are the barriers to plant-based foods/beverages?
- Target Profiles: Profiling 3 core targets: Primarily Plant, Reducetarians, and Meat-Eaters to better understand their unique needs and help develop strategies for expanding the reach of plant-based products and animal alternatives.
- NORTH AMERICA: USA and Canada
- LATIN AMERICA: Brazil and Mexico
- EUROPE: France, Germany, UK, and Russia
- MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA: Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Nigeria
- SOUTH ASIA: India and Pakistan
- EAST ASIA PACIFIC: Australia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Philippines, Thailand, South Korea, Malaysia, Taiwan, and Vietnam