Discover how this epidemic will affect consumers and their eating habits
HealthFocus International will look at diabetics as well as people at risk for diabetes or pre-diabetes. Pre-diabetics will be identified by risk factors such as obesity, body shape and a number of other factors.
The American Diabetes Association asserts that if we do not act soon, one in three Americans will have diabetes by 2050. However, often a medical necessity is not a consumer necessity. The Consumer Side of Diabetes is a HealthFocus syndicated study designed to explore this disease from the consumer perspective. This study gauges the awareness, concern and attitudes of people with diabetes as well as those with pre-diabetes or at high risk. It looks at how many know they are at risk and determine what actions they are willing to take related to diet, lifestyle and medical interventions. The study helps to discover how this epidemic will affect consumers and their eating habits and learn how to effectively communicate in a way that will engage and motivate them.
- How do people with diabetes manage their diabetes – diet, exercise, medication?
- Out of more than 60 categories, which foods and beverages do they feel they should and should not have?
- Which ingredients concern people with diabetes and pre-diabetes – sugar, carbs, fat, sodium?
- Their overall health status. How healthy do they think they are? Is weight an issue? What, if anything, are they doing about it? Are they dealing with other diseases as well?
- Their feelings about diabetes. Is it a minor nuisance, a serious illness or something in between? Do they feel empowered to change or defeated?
- How to communicate to people with diabetes in a helpful manner related to food and beverage.