Sugar continues to be villainized and consumers are looking for ways to cut back their intake. While there is no shortage of low sugar and sugar alternative options across all categories, market solutions are still falling short. Consumers’ individual needs and preferences vary drastically, making sweetener solutions a complex issue without a “one-size-fits-all” resolution.
This report from HealthFocus International takes a deeper look at the topic of sugar and sweeteners globally, regionally, and across 23 individual countries to help companies better understand shopper motivations and attitudes—providing a blueprint for successful sweetener solutions. Some of the many topics addressed within the report include:
- The HealthFocus International Sweetener Segments – profiling six unique sweetener groups that are most universal to shoppers today
- Sweetener trends and the dietary changes consumers are making
- Consumer attitudes and actions towards sugar and artificial sweeteners
- The various ways consumers are limiting sugar and how they change by market
- Sweetener ratings and preferences – revealing sentiment scores for 25 different types of sweeteners (e.g., monk fruit, stevia, xylitol, high fructose corn syrup, allulose, aspartame, acesulfame potassium, cyclamate, steviol glycosides, etc.)
- and much more!
- NORTH AMERICA: USA and Canada
- LATIN AMERICA: Brazil and Mexico
- EUROPE: France, Germany, UK, and Russia
- MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA: Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Nigeria
- SOUTH ASIA: India and Pakistan
- EAST ASIA PACIFIC: Australia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Philippines, Thailand, South Korea, Malaysia, Taiwan, and Vietnam