We are seeing a paradigm shift among consumers toward a new holistic view on sustainability. The old consumer paradigm of, “I choose to eat what is good for me and also good for the planet” has shifted to “What is good for the planet is also good for me”. Historically, consumers around the world report they were interested in companies, products, and actions that support the environment, but few were willing to pay a premium. As sustainability has morphed from a parallel of healthy nutrition to a fully integrated component of a product’s healthfulness, delivery and price will become less a barrier. In fact, we see sustainability becoming more of a requirement for a healthful definition.
This 2022 report from HealthFocus International takes a deeper look at the topic of the environment and sustainability globally, regionally, and across 23 individual countries to help companies better understand shopper concerns and attitudes—allowing them to connect more powerfully with their targets and bring market solutions faster and more profitably.
Some of the many topics addressed within the report include:
- Attitudes + Actions towards the Environment & Sustainability: Concerns, impact of environmental actions, brand influences, paying a premium, transparency, etc.
- Planet + Personal Health Connection: “What’s good for the planet is good for me”, the impact of a healthy environment on personal health, etc.
- Future Outlook: Top concerns for the future, environmental goals, etc.
- NORTH AMERICA: USA and Canada
- LATIN AMERICA: Brazil and Mexico
- EUROPE: France, Germany, UK, and Russia
- MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA: Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Nigeria
- SOUTH ASIA: India and Pakistan
- EAST ASIA PACIFIC: Australia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Philippines, Thailand, South Korea, Malaysia, Taiwan, and Vietnam