Global Opportunities in Protein – New Consumer Requirements for Success, a 2018 comprehensive topic report from HealthFocus International, explores shopper attitudes towards protein globally, regionally and across 22 individual countries to help companies better understand shopper motivations and opinions—allowing them to connect more powerfully with their targets and bring market solutions faster and more profitably. Some of the many topics addressed within each report include:
- How interested are shoppers in protein? Are they selecting foods/beverages with protein in mind? Are they willing to pay a premium for high protein?
- Changes in use of protein and how it compares to other key shopper trends
- Do shoppers think they get enough protein in their diet?
- Interest in seeing protein information on front-of-pack
- Labeling importance and brand influence
- Are shoppers paying attention to the sources of protein they consume? Which markets are most particular about their protein sources?
- How do shoppers determine a “good” source of protein?
- Good/Bad/Neutral ratings for 16 different types of protein (e.g., beans/legumes, yogurt, soy, quinoa, whey, milk, nuts/nut-based spreads, protein bars, etc.)
- Which protein sources are shoppers most interested in using more of (e.g., vegetable protein, seeds, grains, soy, milk, nuts, lean meats, beans, etc.)?
- Level of interest in plant protein & willingness to pay more
- Which functional benefits do shoppers link to a high-protein diet (e.g., daily health, physical energy, mental energy, muscle health, weight management, athletic performance, etc.)? How do associations vary by market?
- NORTH AMERICA: USA and Canada
- LATIN AMERICA: Brazil, Mexico, Colombia and Argentina
- EUROPE: France, Germany, UK and Russia
- WEST ASIA: Saudi Arabia and Turkey
- SOUTH ASIA: India and Pakistan
- EAST ASIA PACIFIC: Australia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Philippines, S. Korea, Thailand and Vietnam