The comprehensive primary research study from HealthFocus International was developed to better understand what consumers know about these two nutrients, their perceived uses and benefits, and how to address their needs from a food and beverage perspective. This study of 1,000 U.S. consumers also looks at different food categories to understand how each is regarded as a protein or carbohydrate source and also explores adjacent topics like gluten free and Paleo to see how relevant these topics are and why.
Below are just a few of the questions we will be exploring in this study.
- Why is there so much interest in protein when most Americans do not lack protein in their diets? What is it that consumers think protein is doing for them?
- What foods and beverages are they the most dependent on to get it?
- Are carbohydrates suffering based on the need for protein?
- How many people are limiting or cutting carbohydrates? Why?
- Are they cutting or limiting all carbohydrates or just certain categories?
- Which are the “good” carbs and which are the “bad” ones?
- How do we explain the growing interest in whole grain and fiber if carbohydrates are being reduced? What about grains, like quinoa, that are high in protein?