This comprehensive consumer research study from HealthFocus International helps companies navigate the changing food and beverage landscape by providing actionable insights into the plant-based eating trend around the world. The study explores consumer attitudes and behaviors around the benefits of plant and how it fits into their current diet.
- Understanding the Shift: What is driving the plant-based eating trend? Who is driving the trend? Discover what motivates each age group. Are Millennial drivers different?
- Identifying Core Motivations: What are the benefits consumers associate with plant-based eating and drinking (e.g., healthier, safer, environmental impact, nutrition, etc.)?
- Revealing Opportunities & Barriers: Where do consumers want more plant-based options (e.g., foods, beverages, snacks, or supplements)? What is preventing more frequent plant-based eating & drinking (e.g., taste, availability, habit, nutritional concerns, etc.).
- Category Opportunities: Explores 30 specific food/beverage categories to determine where added plant-based ingredients are most important. In which categories will consumers pay a premium for added plant-based ingredients?
KEY TOPICS COVERED:
- Increasing Plant: How are habits changing? Where are consumers increasing plant (e.g., plant-based foods, plant-based beverages, foods with added plant-based ingredients, beverages with added plant-based ingredients)? Are they also reducing animal products?
- Benefit Drivers: Which benefits are fueling the demand for plant (e.g., daily living benefits like energy, gut health and clean eating; health-related benefits like heart health & immunity; and socially driven benefits like sustainability and environment impact, etc.)?
- Plant Protein: How interested are consumers in getting their protein from plant-based sources? Where are the opportunities for plant protein sources such as legumes, beans, peas, quinoa, coconut, soy, almonds, etc.? Where are the opportunities for plant-based milks like almond, soy, flax, etc.?
- Decreasing animal products: Are consumers limiting or strictly avoiding red meat, chicken, fish, dairy products and eggs? How long have they been avoiding?
- USA, Brazil, Mexico, UK, Russia, Sweden, China, India and Australia