We are seeing a global resurgence of the more traditional and holistic approach to health and wellness. Consumers are expressing a strong belief in the healing power of foods and many are actively using kitchen medicine, both for prevention and for specific medical purposes.
This report takes a deeper look at the topics of food as medicine and functional foods and beverages (globally, regionally, and across 22 individual countries) to help companies better understand shopper motivations and attitudes and allow them to connect more powerfully with their targets and bring market solutions faster and more profitably.
Some of the many topics addressed within the report include:
- A profile of “Kitchen Medicine Consumers” and the HealthFocus Benefit Platforms
- How belief and use of food as medicine differs around the world, trends, diet vs. pharmaceutical drugs, and specific health issues consumers struggle with.
- Gauging the level of interest in functional food and beverages, added-value, the specific benefits consumers want (e.g., immunity, digestion, performance, etc.), and ingredient opportunities (e.g., turmeric, CBD, bone broth, etc.).
- The role of instant nutrition, including how consumers feel about drinkable health, fortification, and the level of acceptance for science and technology in foods to deliver benefits consumers want.
- NORTH AMERICA: USA and Canada
- LATIN AMERICA: Brazil and Mexico
- EUROPE: France, Germany, UK, Spain, and Russia
- MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA: Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Nigeria
- SOUTH ASIA: India and Pakistan
- EAST ASIA PACIFIC: Australia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Philippines, S. Korea, Thailand, and Vietnam