This 2018 report from HealthFocus International takes a deeper look at shoppers’ attitudes & actions related to their digestive health—globally, regionally and across 22 individual countries—to help companies better understand shopper motivations and opinions, allowing them to connect more powerfully with their targets and bring market solutions faster and more profitably.
Some of the many topics addressed within the report include:
- How important is their digestive health?
- How many shoppers are personally affected by digestive problems?
- Which markets are most concerned about digestive problems?
- Are shoppers choosing foods/beverages for improved digestion? How does this compare to other functional health benefits shoppers are seeking?
- Are they choosing mainly for general health or treating specific issues?
- How likely would parents be to purchase specific foods/beverages that offered digestive health benefits for their children?
- Understanding the connection between gut health & overall health. What is the role digestive health plays in specific benefits like: immunity, weight management, energy, mood, healthy aging, overall physical health, etc.?
- How interested are shoppers in gut microbiome?
- Interest and willingness to pay a premium for key digestive health ingredients – fiber, whole grains, ancient grains, probiotics, prebiotics & active cultures
- NORTH AMERICA: USA and Canada
- LATIN AMERICA: Brazil, Mexico, Colombia and Argentina
- EUROPE: France, Germany, UK and Russia
- WEST ASIA: Saudi Arabia and Turkey
- SOUTH ASIA: India and Pakistan
- EAST ASIA PACIFIC: Australia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Philippines, S. Korea, Thailand and Vietnam