This 2018 report from HealthFocus International takes a deeper look at carbohydrates by exploring shoppers views on fiber, grains and gluten—globally, regionally and across 22 individual countries—to help companies better understand shopper concerns and attitudes, allowing them to connect more powerfully with their targets and bring market solutions faster and more profitably. Some of the many topics addressed within each report include:
Fiber & Whole Grains:
- Are these driving food/beverage selection?
- Do shoppers think they get enough in their diet?
- Interest, paying a premium, changes in use, and labeling importance
- Good/Bad/Neutral ratings for 14 different types of carbohydrates (e.g., beans, pasta, white bread, brown rice, oatmeal, barley, quinoa, breakfast cereal, etc.)
- Usage of different carbohydrate sources
- Emerging grains of interest (e.g., black rice, spelt, chia, quinoa, freekeh, etc.)
- Ancient grains – interest, usage, and paying more
- Do shoppers think they are getting too many carbohydrates in their diet?
- Low carb dieting, decreased use of carbohydrates, and labeling importance
- Avoiding gluten, level of concern, change, labeling importance & gluten intolerance
- Attitudes towards gluten-free products
- NORTH AMERICA: USA and Canada
- LATIN AMERICA: Brazil, Mexico, Colombia and Argentina
- EUROPE: France, Germany, UK and Russia
- WEST ASIA: Saudi Arabia and Turkey
- SOUTH ASIA: India and Pakistan
- EAST ASIA PACIFIC: Australia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Philippines, S. Korea, Thailand and Vietnam