To listen to the HealthFocus Trend Talk on Healthy Indulgence and Snacking, click here.
Traditionally, health and indulgence have stood on opposite sides of the dietary spectrum. However, in a world where the consumer wants it all, there is a growing need to make indulgent products not feel as bad for you, and maybe even good for you. This 2020 report from HealthFocus International takes a deeper look at shoppers’ attitudes and actions related to healthy indulgence and snacking—globally, regionally, and across 22 individual countries—to help companies better understand shopper motivations and opinions, allowing them to connect more powerfully with their targets and bring market solutions faster and more profitably.
Some of the many topics addressed within the report include:
- The current demand for healthier indulgence and the role health plays when selecting indulgent foods/beverages
- Identifying the need for “better-for-you” options even in indulgent categories like soft drinks, snacks, and candy – and how willing consumers are to sacrifice taste for healthier options
- Shoppers are struggling to find indulgent snacks they believe are healthy
- Willingness to pay more for foods and beverages that are both indulgent and healthy – and where this ranks among other value-added drivers
- Understanding how the need for nutrition vs. reward/indulgence shifts throughout the day
- Explore attitudes towards snacking – including the level of snacking avoidance and how to overcome consumer barriers
- NORTH AMERICA: USA and Canada
- LATIN AMERICA: Brazil and Mexico
- EUROPE: France, Germany, UK, Spain, and Russia
- MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA: Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Nigeria
- SOUTH ASIA: India and Pakistan
- EAST ASIA PACIFIC: Australia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Philippines, S. Korea, Thailand, and Vietnam